Due to a DOT construction project requiring a summer-long road closure at North Grove St and Oak Grove Road (1 mile from camp’s entrance), many camper families will need to take a detour route to get to Camp Glisson Road. Below are some helpful links for finding your way into and out of camp.
HOW TO GET TO GLISSON
- Shows detour route from the end of GA 400 to camp’s front entrance.
- Note that we have entered “Crisson Gold Mine” as a “fake stop” along the way in order to force Google Maps to take the detour route to Glisson.
- Also note that this route will take you to Camp Glisson Road where our staff will direct you to turn into a side entrance of Lumpkin County High School to begin the check-in process.
HOW TO EXIT GLISSON
- Shows detour route from Glisson’s back gate to the Dahlonega Square or GA 400.
- Please drive with extra caution, as this route involves turns at intersections with limited visibility.