- Contact & Directions
- Capital Campaign
- New To Glisson?
- Dates, Rates, Registration
- Parent's Place
- Get Involved
- Glisson For Your Church
- EcoEternity Forest
- Master Plan
- Our Mission
- Meet Our Team
- Board Of Directors
"Lainey loves Glisson Camp & Retreat Center. She says it is her most favorite place in the world."
- Jennifer, parent of 2011 Sparrowwood camper
|Click to learn more about our Capital Campaign for a new Dining Hall|
In the August 2007 edition of Echoes from Camp, the Glisson newsletter, we asked people to give us feedback on the feasibility of providing a Glisson Alumni ministry. The purpose of the ministry would be to give former Glisson campers, counselors and staff an opportunity to re-connect with their former Glisson friends and re-live their favorite Glisson memories. To those who were interested, a link to an on-line survey was provided for an immediate opportunity to offer feedback.
To view the brief survey, and even provide your own feedback on the Glisson Alumni ministry, follow this link: Glisson Alumni Survey
Recent development: If your family includes multiple generations of Glisson involvement, please complete the Legacy Family Survey so that we can learn more about your family's Glisson connections. Learn more by clicking on the Legacy Families link on the left of this screen.
The survey says ...
With your feedback in mind, we offered Glisson Day 2008 as a starting point for this new ministry. We held some alumni focus group meetings in 2009 to obtain more feedback. Glisson Day 2010 was a great opportunity to celebrate Glisson's 85th anniversary, as well as the 60th anniversary of our beloved Chapel. We also began holding occasional, informal lunch gatherings in local communities in the fall of 2010 as another way for alumni to reconnect. Our hope is to gather even more feedback from our alumni about even more events in 2011 and beyond.
The Alumni ministry will be managed in conjuction with our Development office for logistical purposes. Through the survey, some people expressed concern that this Alumni ministry not become simply a vehicle for fundraising. We can assure you that although alumni will always have opportunities to give to Glisson, we see this alumni group as a new ministry of Camp Glisson and not as an avenue for raising funds. That is a promise!
How you can help us
- Join the Glisson Alumni Facebook group. If you have an account on Facebook.com, look for the "Glisson Alumni" group and join us. This is the official Glisson Facebook group, and is intended for all former campers and staff who are age 18 and older.
- Get your email address into our database so that you can receive our e-newsletters and other email communication - you can use the sign-up block at the bottom of this page.
- "Like" Us on Facebook. While the Glisson Alumni group page is only for summer camp alumni who are over the age of 18, anyone can join the Glisson fan page.
- Help us get everyone connected. Send any current contact information you have on former campers, staff members or counselors to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email addresses are especially important, but all contact information is helpful.
- Be an advocate for Camp Glisson. Contact Pam (email@example.com) if you are interested in promoting Glisson within your local church congregation. Pam can tell you if there is a "Glisson Ambassador" in your church and can give you information and tools for advocacy.
- Continue to share your ideas. We're in the early stages of developing this ministry and are bound to make some mistakes. We'll continue to rely on your feedback to avoid as many pitfalls as possible and to create an alumni ministry that gives you opportunities to re-connect with the people and the place that have made such a difference in your lives.
- If you have been on staff in the past three years, apply to serve as an Alumni Gap for summer 2013.
- If interested, find ways to Get Involved
If you have questions or would like more information, please call us at (706) 864-6181 or email Phil Dodson.