PLEASE NOTE: The info on this page has not yet been updated for Summer 2023.
All campers must have a completed Check-In Form. Two weeks before your camper’s session, we’ll send the email address associated with your camper’s registration a link to download and print the form. Print, fill out, and sign this Check-In Form before you arrive. A completed form is required for check-in. If another adult is bringing your camper to check-in, complete the form beforehand and send it with your camper.
Campers whose forms, payment or registration are incomplete in any way will be contacted via email in the weeks leading up to camp in order to have this completed prior to arrival.
MEDICATION: During check-in, campers who have medication will be greeted by a member of our Healthcare Team to check in medications along with a completed Medication Administration Form. Please ensure medications are in the original containers. To save time, keep your camper’s Medication Administration Form and any medications handy in the car rather than packed away in luggage.
On check-in day, arrival times will be staggered to make the process as efficient as possible. Our check-in process will look different from previous years, with the first step being located inside camp’s gates.
*Please do not arrive earlier than your scheduled check in time.*
*If you have campers in multiple age groups, please arrive at the end of your first time slot.*
- STEP 1: As you approach Glisson on Camp Glisson Road, depending on the time and flow of check-in traffic, our staff may direct you to turn into the parking lot of Lumpkin County High School to queue in line so that we don’t block our neighbors’ driveways. Our staff will direct you back on to Camp Glisson Road and into camp as soon as possible.
- STEP 2: The majority of the check-in process will be completed from your car once you arrive in camp. Our staff will direct you to the Bob Cagle Program Center, where our check-in teams will greet you, receive your completed Check-In Form, take your camper’s temperature, receive any medications, and share cabin assignment information.
- STEP 3: Next, our staff will direct you to park in the closest zone to your camper’s cabin or check-in location. After parking, Village and Sparrowwood campers will complete check-in with their counselors at their assigned cabin. Outpost families will complete check-in with their counselors at the Holland Building.
Click the “+” sign below to show the arrival time for your camper’s program/session.
NO EARLY CHECKOUTS
Please do not request early, late, or mid-week departures. To ensure the best possible experience for campers, our small group camping model depends on keeping the living group intact all week. Shortened stays at camp disrupt not only the experience of the departing camper, but the experiences of all campers in their living group.
CLOSING CELEBRATION & CHECKOUT STEPS
Closing Celebration is an important time for campers and their living groups. After having camper-only celebrations in 2021, we’re excited to invite parents back to share in commemorating the camp experience. Due to space constraints and safety considerations, there will be two separate Closing Celebrations in the Chapel rather than a single “all-camp” closing in the Holland Building (our gym). At this 20-25 minute celebration, you’ll hear from our Directors about the camp session, catch a glimpse of the faith-forming fun by watching the camp video, and receive important info about the checkout process before being dismissed to checkout your camper at their checkout location.
- STEP 1: On checkout day, our staff will direct you to pull into the Lumpkin County High School parking lot to queue in line until it is time for the gate to open. Please follow staff directions to help make this process as smooth as possible.
- STEP 2: After the gate has been opened, you’ll be directed to park in the zone as close as possible to your camper’s cabin or checkout location based upon the parking pass you received on check-in day. Please be sure to bring this parking pass with you and display it on your rearview mirror. If you don’t have one, a staff member will have extras to give you upon arrival.
- STEP 3: After parking your car, head directly to the Chapel for Closing Celebration. Toward the end of Celebration, campers and counselors will be dismissed to their cabin/checkout locations to prepare for pickup. Parents will remain in the Chapel to receive checkout instructions before being dismissed to checkout their camper at their checkout location.
CLOSING CELEBRATION ARRIVAL TIMES
There will be two different Closing Celebrations on Friday morning in the Chapel. Note that the front gate will open at your arrival time, and that Closing Celebration will begin 15 minutes after your arrival time.
Click the “+” sign below to show the Closing Celebration arrival time for your camper’s program/session.