UPDATED MAY 2021: Please review the entirety of this page as it has been updated to reflect our Covid-19 Mitigation Plan.
All campers must have a completed Check-In Form prior to arrival. Two weeks before your camper’s session, we’ll send the email associated with your camper’s registration an email that will include a link to download and print the form.
Print, fill out, and sign this Check-In Form before you arrive for the first day of camp. A completed form is required for check-in. If another adult is bringing your camper to Glisson, complete the form beforehand and send it with your camper.
Campers whose forms, payment or registration are incomplete in any way will be contacted via email in the weeks leading up to camp in order to have this completed prior to arrival.
MEDICATION: During the check in process, any cars with campers who have medication to check-in will be directed to stop by the healthcare tent to check in medications. Medications must be checked in with a completed Medication Administration Form. To save time, upon arrival, be sure to keep your camper’s Medication Administration form and any medications handy in the car rather than packed away in luggage. These will be collected by our Healthcare Team in the Lumpkin County High School Parking Lot prior to entering camp.
On check-in day, arrival times will be staggered to make the process as efficient as possible. Our check-in process will look different from previous years with the first step of the check-in process being located at the Lumpkin County High School parking lot.
*Please do not arrive earlier than your scheduled check in time.*
If you have campers in multiple age groups, we ask that you arrive at the end of your first time slot.
- STEP 1: Check-in will be completed from your car as you drive through the high school parking lot. You will turn in your check-in form, temperature will be taken, medications will be turned in, and cabin assignments will be given at this point. Please wear your mask from this point forward in the check in process.
- STEP 2: After you have checked in at the high school parking lot, you will be directed into camp by our staff and parked in the closest zone to your camper’s cabin or check-in location.
- STEP 3: After parking, Village and Sparrowwood campers will check in outside of their assigned cabin. Outpost families will check in outside of the Holland Building. Families will not be allowed inside the cabins or buildings. Please plan ahead to say goodbye to your camper outside of their check-in location.
Click the “+” sign below to show the arrival time for your camper’s program/session.
NO EARLY CHECKOUTS
Please do not request early, late, or mid-week departures. To ensure the best possible experience for campers, our small group format is reliant on keeping the Living Group intact all week. Shortened stays at camp disrupt not only the experience of the departing camper, but the experiences of all campers in his/her Living Group.
NO CLOSING CELEBRATION
Due to space constraints and safety considerations, an “all-camp” Closing Celebration will not take place in the Holland Building this summer. Counselors will facilitate end-of-week reflection and farewells for their living groups, and parents will receive the end-of-week video via the email address associated with your camper’s registration.
- STEP ONE: Just like check-in day, you will pull into the Lumpkin County High School parking lot for your assigned checkout time (see below). Please follow the staff directions to help make pick up as smooth as possible.
- STEP TWO: After your line is released into camp, you’ll be directed to park in the zone as close as possible to your camper’s cabin or checkout location based upon the parking pass you received on check in day. Please be sure to bring this parking pass with you and that it is displayed on your rearview mirror. If you don’t have one, a staff member will have extras to give you upon arrival. Please go directly to your camper’s location to sign them out with their counselor. For Village and Sparrowwood campers, checkout will be outside of your camper’s lodging location. Outpost campers checkout will be in the Holland Building parking lot.
Click the “+” sign below to show the checkout time for your camper’s program/session.