Since early July, we’ve been actively planning programming options for a variety of scenarios to be able to offer camp ministry experiences safely next summer. As always, the safety and well-being of our campers and staff remains our top priority. In the months leading up to May 2021, we’ll continue monitoring conditions as they fluctuate and expert guidance as it emerges, adapting our plans and protocols as-needed to ensure the safety of all involved. We are so looking forward to welcoming campers back to camp, and we’re excited to be sharing our Summer 2021 Schedule below!2021 SCHEDULE
KEY UPDATES FOR SUMMER 2021:
For updates on COVID-19 and Tiered Pricing, review the Summer 2021 section of our FAQs.
SUMMER 2021 REGISTRATION:
Registration is underway! Secure the program and week today that will work best for your family this summer.
Use the Schedule PDF in the button link above to pick out the program and week that will work best for your family’s summer calendar.
1) HEALTH HISTORY
All returning and first-time campers will need the following information to complete registration:
1) The date of your camper’s last tetanus booster
2) The name and phone number of your camper’s doctor and dentist
3) Your camper’s health insurance or Medicaid information
If you registered a camper for Summer 2019 or 2020, your camper’s info is saved in your account. Please check to ensure all information is still accurate and then update any info that has changed since last year.
If your child needs special medical attention, contact the camp before registering to confirm that we can provide that care. There are limitations to the medical care we can provide. Registered campers whose needs we cannot meet will be notified and their money refunded.
2) CABINMATE REQUEST (OPTIONAL)
The following conditions must be met to honor any cabinmate request:
1) Both campers must be registered for the same camp program and age group during the same week
2) Both campers must request each other (groups of three or more cannot request each other).
If a “triangle” is requested, none of the campers’ requests will be honored.
3) PAYMENT INFO & DEPOSIT
The registration system accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover. You must make the minimum deposit to complete your registration and hold a spot for your camper.
• $100 for Mini Camps (Village, Outpost)
• $100 for Standard 1-Week Camps (Village, Outpost, Sparrowwood)
• $250 for 10-day Camps (Outpost)
4) TIERED PRICING SELECTION
For decades, church financial support of our summer programs has allowed us to offer camp at lower costs for families. In response to reduced support in 2021 and in anticipation of potential reductions in the future – and rather than making up the funding loss with increases in camp fees for everyone – we’ve developed pricing tiers for Summer 2021 that offer families the choice of paying: 1) our normal, subsidized cost; 2) the actual cost of the summer experience; 3) the cost of camp plus the expense of ongoing facility maintenance and replacement. Find out more on our FAQs Page.
SCHEDULED PAYMENT PLANS
After completing your camper’s registration and deposit, you have the option to set up scheduled payments for your remaining balance. To do so, log in to your account and click “Make a Payment” on the main dashboard screen, then select the scheduled payment option that works best for you.
CAMP STORE ACCOUNTS
You can deposit money into a store account for your camper during online registration. You may also choose to deposit money anytime after registration until your camper comes to camp. If you mail a check for a store account prior to the camp week, please include your camper’s name and camp session. Campers may not use cash in the camp store.
After registering, campers may transfer to a different camp session for a $25 fee up until 30 days prior to the opening day of their initial camp session. No transfers may be made within 30 days of the beginning of a session.
LATE ARRIVAL/EARLY DEPARTURE
Neither late arrivals nor early departures are allowed. Removing a camper from his or her living group early or adding a camper after the week has begun is disruptive to the whole group. If you know that your camper cannot attend the entire week, please select a different camp week.
MORE THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CAMP SESSION
• Notice of cancellation must be received by a Camper Coordinator in writing (email or postal mail).
• Refund will be the amount paid minus the deposit (deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable).
• If camp fees are not paid by the Friday prior to your camper’s check in day, your registration will be canceled.
WITHIN 30 DAYS OF YOUR CAMP SESSION
• There will be no refund for cancellation within 30 days of the camp session.*
• *Medical Exception: Full refunds will only be given if, prior to the camp session, a Camper Coordinator receives a signed doctor’s note within 3 days of the cancellation.
DURING/AFTER YOUR CAMP SESSION
• No refund will be made for any reason after the start of your camp session.
IF YOUR SESSION IS CANCELLED
• If Glisson is unable for any reason to offer the camp session for which your camper is registered, we will offer a full refund of any deposit and/or fees paid toward that session.
SUMMER 2021 COVID-19 TERMS
Keeping our campers and staff safe is at the heart of all we do. The terms below stem from our Covid-19 Mitigation Plan for being able to offer faith-forming experiences safely during Summer 2021. Please know we will continue to monitor developments in the knowledge, tools, and governmental restrictions related to the pandemic and that the following COVID-19 policies and procedures will be subject to change accordingly.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL & CHECK-IN DAY
• Campers with pre-existing conditions for complications with Covid-19 as defined by the CDC are strongly discouraged from attending camp. Camp healthcare staff will review medical histories to ensure compliance.
• No one may enter camp property if they display symptoms of, test positive for, or have been knowingly exposed to COVID-19 within 20 days without first receiving a negative test result according to CDC guidelines. Camp fees in these cases will be refundable per our refund policies for illness.
• A negative test result may be required for all campers prior to check-in
• Check-in will be contactless with staggered arrival times, and parents will NOT be allowed to step out of the car on Glisson property.
• Any camper who registers a high temperature of 100.2° or higher at check-in must have a normal temperature for 24 hours and receive a negative Covid-19 test before they may enter the property.
DURING CAMP SESSION
• We will use our living groups as “cohorts” to limit the breadth of possible spread of the virus during the camp week.
• Exposure to campers and staff outside the cohort will be limited. Living groups will be composed of campers housed together in the same cabin for the week. This means all living groups this summer will be same gendered.
• Should a camper present symptoms of Covid-19 at camp, that camper as well as all within their living group may be isolated and sent home.
• Our refund policy does not allow for a refund in the case of an illness after the camp session has begun.
• Typical large-group activities will be significantly altered and/or eliminated in order to maintain our cohort mitigation model. Activities possibly affected include, but are not limited to, chapel, meal times, closing celebration, dances, etc.
• Campers and staff must wear cloth face coverings when in spaces that are shared by other living groups (ex: walking through the dining hall lobby during meal times).
AFTER CAMP & GENERAL NOTES
• All families agree to notify us of any Covid-19 positive diagnosis of their camper or immediate family member in the 10 days following their camp experience so that we can notify our other campers families.
• Our normal Cancellation Policy (listed above) will apply to Covid-19 cases as well. Please note that if Glisson is unable for any reason to offer the camp session for which your camper is registered, we will offer a full refund.
• Lastly, please note that the pictures and videos found on this site were taken during or before Summer 2019 and therefore may or may not reflect our adapted practices and policies listed on this page.
I attest that the health history information I will complete online during the registration process is current, correct and accurately reflects the health status of the camper to whom it pertains. The camper described has permission to participate in all camp activities except as noted by me and/or an examining physician. I give permission to the physician selected by the camp to order x-rays, routine tests, and treatment related to the health of my child for both routine health care and in emergency situations. If I cannot be reached in an emergency, I give my permission to the physician to hospitalize, secure proper treatment for, and order injection, anesthesia, or surgery for this child. I understand the information on this form will be shared on a “need to know” basis with camp staff. I give permission to print or photocopy this form. In addition, the camp has permission to obtain a copy of my child’s health record from providers who treat my child and these providers may talk with the program’s staff about my child’s health status.
TRANSPORTATION & USE OF LIKENESS
I give permission to the camp staff to transport my camper for emergency or programmatic purposes at the discretion of the Director. For good and valuable consideration, we hereby consent to and authorize the reproduction, publication, and use by North Georgia Camp & Retreat Ministries INC, Glisson Camp & Retreat Center LLC, and their successors and assigns for advertising, commercial, or any other purpose, of any photograph, picture video or likeness of my child or other family members.
You must read the entire registration waiver (the “2. SIGN” tab) and check the box at the bottom of the page saying you have read the waiver before you can proceed to the registration site.